Frequently Asked Questions about Offroad Vehicle Insurance - SK

Where does my insurance cover me?

The GOT TOYS insurance policy covers you anywhere you can legally ride in Canada or the continental United States

What limits of Third Party Liability can I buy?
You have an option of $1,000,000 or $2,000,000 limits on third party liability while being operated by a licensed operator.

What is third party liability?
This provides your legal liability. If you injure others (including your passenger) or damage their property, they can sue you; including defense cost.

Sometimes I ride with a passenger. Am I still covered?
Yes, if the unit was built to hold a passenger, we have no exclusion for riding with a passenger

Sometimes I lend my machine to someone else. Am I still covered?
Yes, as long as they can legally operate the unit.

Do you have a mandatory expiry date on liability?
NO our policies expire one (1) year from the effective date.

I may use my machine for incidental business use. Am I covered?
Yes - if you declared this on a manual application and submit for approval & rating.

What if I am injured in an accident while operating my unit?
You can purchase Personal Accident coverage.

What is Personal Accident?
This covers basic for losses incurred by the Insured while getting on to or alighting from or operating or riding as a passenger on an off road vehicle during the policy period.
Basic: covers permanent total or partial disablement.
Enhanced: coverage includes basic plus weekly indemnity, accidental death, ambulance expenses, medical expense reimbursement and much more.

Can I buy the Personal Accident without purchasing liability?
No, it is only available with liability insurance.

Can I buy insurance on my unlicensed Trail Bike?
Yes, subject to the same terms and conditions as for other off road vehicles

Can I insure my quad, snowmobile, dune buggy and trail bike all in 1 policy?
Yes, all your off road vehicles can be insured under one policy.

Is coverage all with the same insurance company?
Yes, with certain Underwriters at Lloyd's of London.

What if I have an aftermarket turbo charged unit or have modified it to operate on nitro?
They still qualify for insurance but the turbo must be declared, and a surcharge will apply.

What physical damage coverage do you offer?
GOT TOYS offers All Perils, which includes collision or upset, or Comprehensive which is All Perils excluding collision or upset.  Both provide coverage for fire and theft with no restrictions, and all have a $500 deductible all losses (unless otherwise stated).

What limits can you offer on physical damage?
We offer up to $ 40,000 for physical damage on quads, dune buggies or sleds, and up to a limit of $25,000 on a trail bike

Do you offer Replacement Cost with no depreciation?
Yes, we offer Replacement Cost coverage on brand new units (as long as it is purchased within 120 days from delivery date of the unit). It expires 24 months after the date of delivery; a copy of the bill of sale must be provided and the unit insured for 100% of value including permanent attachments, modifications, freight , PDI, tire tax, and both Saskatchewan taxes. Replacement Cost is only available if physical damage coverage is purchased.

What does Rider Plus cover me for?
It covers search & rescue of the individual (note - recovery of the insured unit is covered under the policy itself as long as the cause of the loss is due to an INSURED PERIL), increases the limit on riding gear, increases deck & trailer limit to $5,000, lock re keying and travel protection.

What about my trailer, is it insured?
Yes, a dedicated trailer or deck is automatically insured if physical damage has been purchased for the same coverage you have on your off road vehicle, up to a limit of $ 1,000. Higher limits can be purchased if needed.

Does GOT TOYS rating offer discounts?
Yes, we offer discounts for:

  • $1,000 deductible discount
  • SATV - Saskatchewan ATV Assoc. members 12.5% discount on ATV's
  • SSA - Saskatchewan Snowmobile Assoc. members 5% discount on Snowmobile
  • SMA - Saskatchewan Motorcross Assoc. members 5% discount on Trail Bikes
  • 10% discount for any principle operator who is 50 years or older and are claims and conviction free for the last 3 years

What if I have a claim, does it affect my coverage or premiums on renewal?
Yes, a 10% surcharge will be applied if you have 1 claim in the past 3 years (surcharge may increase for 2 or more).

Who do I contact in the event of a claim?
To start the claims process, please contact your broker. They will fill out the claims loss report form with you.

Where can I buy GOT TOYS?
You can purchase at any of our local agents who are there to serve you. Deal with your licensed local agent doing business in your community shown on the Broker Directory on this site. You can also purchase directly on this site, or call our office directly.

Who should I contact if I have any concerns or am dissatisfied with the service that I've received?
Oasis is committed to providing excellent service, however if that service did not meet your needs or expectations, we want to hear from you! We will be pleased to work with you to resolve your issue.

Please send your concerns to or phone 306-446-2747 or toll free 1-866-979-2747.