Frequently Asked Questions about Offroad Vehicle Insurance - MB

Where does my insurance cover me?
The GOT TOYS insurance policy covers you anywhere you can legally ride in Canada or the continental United States

What liability limits can I buy?
You have an option of $ 1,000,000 or $ 2,000,000 limits on third party liability while being operated by a licensed operator.

What is a third party liability?
This provides your legal liability and including defense cost. If you injure others (including your passenger) or damage their property, they can sue you. You will also be covered for up to $25,000 for sudden and accidental pollution.

Sometimes I ride with a passenger. Am I still covered?
Yes, we have no exclusion for riding with a passenger

Sometimes I lend my machine to someone else. Am I still covered?
Yes, our Definition of Insured extending coverage to ANYONE with the owner's permission, eliminating the common restriction of "immediate family residing at home"

Am I still insured if I let my 12 year old ride?
Yes, as long as they ride where legally allowed.  We have no age limitation in our policy but the liability limit drops to $ 200,000 with a $1,000 property damage deductible.

Do you have a mandatory expiry date on liability?
NO our policies expire one (1) year from the effective date.

I may use my machine for incidental business use. Am I covered?
Yes, we do provide coverage when used for business purpose.  Please refer to our ‘forms’ tab and fill out our manual application or call us toll free 1-866-979-2747 for more information.

What if I am injured in an accident while operating my unit?
You can purchase Accident Benefits similar to what is offered through MPI

What is accident benefits?
This covers the insured with costs resulting from accidental death (including funeral expenses), disability, rehabilitation, medical treatment, and loss of income.

Can I buy the Accident Benefits without purchasing liability?
No, it is only available with liability insurance.

Can I buy insurance on my unlicensed Trail Bike?
Yes, subject to the same terms and conditions as for other off road vehicles

Can I insure my quad, snowmobile, dune buggy and trail bike all in 1 policy?
Yes, all you’re off road vehicles can be insured under one policy.

Is coverage all with the same insurance company?
Yes, with certain Lloyd’s underwriters.

What if I have an aftermarket turbo charged snowmobile or have modified it to operate on nitro?
They still qualify for insurance including physical damage coverage and Replacement Cost (if applicable) once declared on a manual application. A surcharge may apply.

What physical damage coverage do you offer?
GOT TOYS offers All Perils, which includes collision or upset, or Comprehensive which is All Perils excluding collision or upset.  Both provide coverage for fire and theft with no restrictions, and all have a $500 deductible all losses (unless otherwise stated).

What limits can you offer on physical damage?
We offer up to $ 40,000 for physical damage on quads, dune buggies or sleds, and up to a limit of $25,000 on a trail bike

Do you offer Replacement Cost with no depreciation?
Yes, we offer true Replacement Cost (not to be confused with agreed value) at $50, for 24 months from date of delivery of your ATV or sled including inflation guard.  A copy of the bill of sale must be provided and the unit insured for 100% of value including attachments, modifications and taxes.  Replacement cost is only available if physical damage has been purchased.

What about my trailer, is it insured?
Yes, a dedicated trailer or deck is automatically insured if physical damage has been purchased for the same coverage you have on your off road vehicle, up to a limit of $ 1,000. Higher limits can be purchased if needed. (see Rider Plus)

What does Rider Plus cover me for?
It covers search & rescue, increases the limit on riding gear, increases deck & trailer limit to $5,000, lock re keying and travel protection.

My current liability insurance expires on a different date than my physical damage. How do I get them to both expire at the same time?
We can issue a policy for a full year from the date either policy expires, and then add the other coverage to your policy on a pro rata basis when it expires. We can do the same if you have more than 1 unit insured and wish to have them all expire at the same time.

Does GOT TOYS rating offer discounts?
Yes, we offer discounts for:

  • Membership in recognized Provincial Associations or their clubs
  • Approved Safety Training,
  • Immobilizer discount
  • $1,000 deductible discount

What if I have a claim, does it affect my coverage or premiums on renewal?
No, we do not surcharge for claims or require a higher deductible on renewal. If you qualify for GOT TOYS, you will not be penalized.

Who do I contact in the event of a claim?
To start the claims process, please contact your broker. They will fill out the claims loss report form with you.

Where can I buy GOT TOYS?
You can purchase at any of our local agents in MB who are there to serve you.  Visit our ‘Broker Directory’ to find one in your area.  You can also purchase directly through our website.

Who should I contact if I have any concerns or am dissatisfied with the service that I've received?
Oasis is committed to providing excellent service, however if that service did not meet your needs or expectations, we want to hear from you! We will be pleased to work with you to resolve your issue.

Please send your concerns to or phone 306-446-2747 or toll free 1-866-979-2747.